Tuesday 2 July 2013

Sci Fi "Seeker Drone" 3D model

Using my Orthographic illustration of my "Seeker Drone" I have completed the 3D CGI modeling stage of my Sci Fi drone.  The first image included in this post is a screenshot of my workspace on my computer.  I have a dual screen set up which I use for modeling and reference.  As you can see from this screenshot I have used
one screen for the orthographic illustration and another screen to work in Blender 3D on the modeling of the drone. 

As I have modeled the drone I have rigged it for animation, something that I'm quite keen to produce and post here at a later date.

The final image in this post is an Orthographic representation of my 3D CGI "Seeker Drone".  Each part of this image is an individual render of the drone before any materials or textures have been added, except the glowing light to represent the eye lens.

It is worth mentioning that the drone is not finished yet.  The modeling is complete but I want to add textures and materials to the drone to make it look more realistic and give it some personality.  This is where my previous post on colour variations will help me to develop the textures and the finish of the drone.

No comments:

Post a Comment