Monday 15 July 2013

Sci Fi "Seeker Drone" Texturing

Been a while since I've made an update on my Sci Fi drone project.  Over the passed couple of weeks I've been slowly editing and polishing up the textures and materials of my drone.  The first image is the basic material, a brushed chrome with some scratches here and there.  You will notice the photo background behind the drone which I'm using to create HDR lighting, this helps to give a realistic look to my drone.  I have finished with the eye lens which is looking really nice with the lighting but the main body of the drone is still incomplete, I haven't decided what I want to do with it and how I want to texture it. 

From my previous post on colour variations (which can be found here) I have decided to go with the bronze, brown colour design, although I still think that the drone would be designed to have different paint jobs depending on the environment it will be working in, however, for now I like the bronze effect.  The scratches are far more noticeable now that I've added a different colour and the drone has a nice weathered effect.  I'm still not sure what I will do with the body, but I'll think of something eventually!

I'm very interested to see what people think so far.  I'm particularly interested if you have any suggestions on what I should do with the body.  Leave comments below and consider sharing this post on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment