Thursday 5 September 2013

Illustration - Outer Space

Thomas Gomes "Outer Space" 2013
Thanks to my brother I have been able to get another illustration done!  This illustration started life as a doodle my brother did while he was at work, he gave it to me to do it professionally.

As with my other illustrations I started with an initial pencil sketch which I inked and then scanned into the computer.  Next, using photoshop, I added the colour layer, shading and highlight as well as a couple of paper textures. 

The lighting was a bit of a problem with this illustration.  My brother wanted the drawing to have radial light coming from the sun and the earth.  With the sun it was easy, gradually decreasing the saturation and opacity of the yellow colour until it faded out.  However, when I tried it with the earth, it didn't work.  Instead I've worked backwards having the lighting, less saturated colour closer to the black outline which gradually gets more saturated but more transparent as it fades away.

Interested in getting this artwork as a print, laptop case or t-shirt?  Go HERE for my society6 page!

No comments:

Post a Comment