Wednesday 26 June 2013

Sci Fi Drone - Colour Variations and Orthographic Drawing

 After selecting my "Shrimp" design I have started to experiment with the potential colour variations of the concept.  I quite like the simple designs close to the top of the page and I like the idea of having different drones for different environments. 

The final design at the bottom right is a little bit more extravagant and something of a joke.  However if the design was more comedy based I might add a sad / happy face to the front of the design to add humour.

Looking at these designs I prefer the simpler colours rather than the more complex patterns.  I think that the design is complex enough without having the pattern take over and become more important.
Having finally selected my design I needed to creating an image that could be used by a 3D CGI modeller as reference.


I took the design choices from the side and front view and then added in a top view resulting in an orthographic image that will give a CGI modeller all the information they need for modelling the drone.

I've kept the drawing quite simple so that it is easier to understand and won't give the modelling team too many problems.  Of course I have to consider that during the modelling process the concept is subject to change, however the overall design should be the same.  I may also include an additional concept showing the movement of the drone (particularly the front plates which protect the single eye) and maybe a brief description of what the drone does and how it behaves.  All of these things might aid the modelling of the drone and help to give it a personality despite being a machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment